Malta - Sicily Cruise Draft Plan
Sat Sept 7 – Friday Sept 20, 2024
I have been working with a Maltese friend, John de Giorgio, on the idea of a cruise starting in Malta going to Sicily and finishing in Malta. John and his partner Monique know the area well. The largest apparent obstacle is in organizing charter boats which may limit the fleet size. We will work on this in this fall.
Saturday, Sunday – Valetta Malta – Valetta, the capital, has fabulous architecture, was the home of the Knights Hospitaller, and has fascinating WW2 history.
- Enjoy Valetta
- Board Charter boats late Saturday afternoon
Sunday Sept 8 – Opening Cocktail Party in Valetta
80 miles Monday – Wednesday
- Sail across to Sicily 54 miles, anchor in Portopalo area then move to Syracusa.
- Tour Syracusa – Ancient Greek Colony, fabulous protected port
Wednesday 11th. Dinner Party in Syracusa
26 Miles Thursday
Thursday Friday – Taormina – Roman cliffside city. Anchor off on moorings in the roads.
Friday 13th – Party in Taormina
110 miles Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Wednesday
- Tour Mt Etna
- Tour Noto, Ragusa – historic cities inland.
- Cross to west end of Maltese Islands
- Swim in Blue Lagoon Cominco
Wednesday 18th – Cocktail Party in Gozo – beautiful fortress, interesting Bonapart history
Friday 20th – Closing dinner in Valetta.
While it is still two years off, it would be useful to know who is interested in potentially joining the cruise. If you are interested, please complete this form.