The Cruising Club of America, and its members, are committed to advancing our sport. One way we do this is by sharing what we have learned in hundreds of thousands of miles on the water. We are pleased to offer a range of materials for safer, more enjoyable, and more adventurous voyages on the sea. These include:
Courses and Seminars. We contribute heavily to, and offer, sanctioned International Offshore Safety at Sea seminars with Hands-On experience. In addition, our Safety for Cruising Couples book and seminars have been immensely popular with small crews. Our full-day weather seminars are available on line.
Cruising Guides. An array of cruising guides for the Northeast and nearby waters are available at local chandlers or online.
Online Materials. We offer much information conveniently and without charge via our websites.
- Feature Articles. Discussions of one or more topics regarding Seamanship, Safety, and best practices afloat.
- School of Hard Rocks. First-person narratives of ... challenging ... experiences and lessons learned.
- Safety Moments. Short items suitable for a quick read or presentation to a group.
- White Papers. In-depth dives into topics of interest.
- Travelogs. Stories of near and far journeys afloat, including selected articles from our Voyages magazine
- Videos. A growing library of streaming content, from weather seminars to member highlights.
Click the links above, select a topic from below, or visit our "article finder" to access items of interest to you.
We hope the materials referenced here are of use to you and will help you "Create a Culture of Safety" aboard.
- Our course offerings, including US Sailing/World Sailing offshore safety at sea seminars (required for many ocean races) can be found here.
- Our Safety for Cruising Couples book and programs offer a wealth of information.
- We recently staged two major weather seminars. The video recordings of them are available, free to use, here.